1. If at any time during the warranty period, the computer, printer or scanner included in your equipment list becomes defective in operation, Remtek Systems Limited shall at our expense, repair the equipment and if deemed necessary by our engineer, restore it with the software provided to its pre delivery state, including where necessary the provision of replacement parts and the reloading of all the software bought with the equipment and listed on your equipment list.
2. Remtek Systems Limited shall arrange, during business hours (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday), at times convenient to both parties for the equipment to be repaired. You will need to report the fault to Remtek Systems Limited. It will be necessary for you to speak to an engineer who will take your call and ascertain from your description of the problem, whether this is covered by the warranty agreement (see paragraph 5) and arrange an onsite or workshop repair. It will be necessary to be adjacent to the equipment in order to accurately relate a description of the problem, when it will be possible to resolve (at our discretion) any issues not covered by this warranty agreement and for which a charge would normally be made (see paragraph 5).
3. Service will be carried out to the equipment only at the address shown above, subject to any agreement by the parties to the contrary. There may be additional charges for onsite visits or collections from another address.
4. The customer will allow Remtek Systems Limited, at our own discretion, to remove the equipment for a workshop repair where this in the opinion of the engineer is necessary; the equipment will be returned only to the address stated in the warranty agreement.
5. All repairs necessitated other than electro mechanical faults, calls to the equipment where the services of an engineer prove to be unnecessary, software problems caused by by the operator due to misuse or ignorance, accidental or malicious damage, are chargeable to the customer at the standard rate at the time the fault is reported. Whilst we endeavour to provide a quotation before proceeding with any chargeable repairs, a standard call out charge will always be incurred if an on site visit is made. All faults caused by computer viruses are excluded and all work done to identify this situation is chargeable at the standard rate. Any work done to rectify this situation will be chargeable and quoted for.
6. Remtek Systems Limited will use its best endeavour to carry out our obligations hereunder in as short a time as possible, but will not be responsible for any loss, costs or expenses arising directly or indirectly from any details in so doing. It is vital that the user makes back ups of important files on a regular basis to an external storage device or cloud provider i.e OneDrive. During the servicing of a computer it may be necessary to adopt certain procedures which will result in the loss of data; returning the system to its pre delivery state, the engineer will always proceed with the assumption that all data has been saved. It should be noted that some data cannot be saved regardless of any backup procedures that we adopt hence the importance of making backup copies.
7. If, owing to the non availability of spare parts or replacements or any other cause beyond the control of Remtek Systems Limited, we shall be unable to carry out our obligations hereunder, we shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement forthwith by giving notice in writing to the customer to that effect, and Remtek Systems Limiteds liability shall be limited to the return of the pro rata unexpired portion of the premium paid, calculated daily.
8. It is a condition of this Agreement that no repair, modification or upgrade shall be undertaken by any person not authorised by Remtek Systems Limited in writing. Any unauthorised modifications or upgrades will invalidate this agreement. If our involvement is necessary, we reserve the right to remove any parts or software and we will charge for this service before we will investigate the reported problem.
9. This warranty covers the repair of equipment only Remtek Systems Limited reserve the right to replace equipment with an equivalent but not necessarily a new product.
10. The prices charged for this On Site Warranty Agreement do not include the cost of a major overhaul. Such work will be quoted for, and work will be commenced when the quotation is accepted.