Now that you have received your delivery, please follow the steps below to activate your software.
Attached to the outside of the box you have received is a dispatch note which includes your list of items and license keys, the license key for your software is listed as a serial number below each piece of software. Any items that are missing will be noted on your dispatch note as 'To Follow'. These items will be sent out as soon as they are back in stock
We have an ever expanding selection of videos on our YouTube channel which includes step by step instructions on setting up your software. We have also provided text instructions below.
If you have any issues activating software or setting up any equipment, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can connect to our remote support and a technician will help you resolve any issues. Remote Support is available Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5:30pm.
- Make sure the computer is connected to the internet.
- Open the software.
- When prompted on the screen, Use the license key provided on the dispatch note to activate the software.
- Your software will now be activated.
- If you have received TextHelp Read & Write. You will need to first sign in with one of the accounts listed on the sign in page. Once signed in, click the (i) in the top right corner of the Read & write toolbar. This will open to the About Read & Write page, you can enter the license key provided and click activate. For Read & Write for Mac once signed in click Read and Write in the top right corner of the grey bar then select About Read & Write from the drop down menu. A box will open allowing you to enter your license key.
Activating Microsoft Office
If you have been supplied a Windows computer, Microsoft Office will be preinstalled and can be activated by following the instructions below. To download Office for MacOS, or to re-download it for Windows, you will need to sign into the Office in education website with your university email address that ends in .ac.uk and the password for that account.
If you do not currently have a .ac.uk email address you may need to speak to your university IT support or you will be supplied one as part of your university induction. Not all universities supply Office 365 to students, if you aren't eligible to receive office 365 as part of your course you can speak to your assessor about seeking funding for a physical version of Office.
- Open any Microsoft Office software(Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- A window will open asking you to sign in or create an account, click Sign in. If this window doesn't appear, open a blank document and click 'Sign in' in to top right corner.
- In the email address field, you must use your university email address that ends in .ac.uk, click Next.
- The sign in page for your university will open to allow you to sign in using your account password.
- Once signed in you will need to close and re-open the software for the activation to complete.
Below you can find links to videos detailing how to setup the most commonly supplied printers. If you have a different model printer from those listed, searching for your printers model number on the printer manufacturers website should provide the relevant information.